Hello, everyone. We are excited about this special post today. We are teaming up with another mother/daughter blog called 2 Bees in a Pod. We met Jennifer and Vicki a few years ago and said we should do something together, and we are finally getting around to it. Jordan and I are sharing a special July 4th dessert today, and when you finish with our post, please use the link below to visit and see what the 2 Bees are up to.
If you are new to The 2 Seasons, then welcome. My daughter Jordan and I have written our blog together for over six years. Jordan lives in North Carolina with her husband and two year old daughter they adopted from Thailand. My husband and I live in Lexington, KY. We cover a bunch of different topics here. You will find decorating, crafts, DIY projects, recipes, travel, book reviews, adoption posts, budget savers, thrifting, and a whole lot of other topics that we enjoy. We like to say that our blog posts are like mini-magazine articles. Take a look around. We hope you like what you see and will become regular visitors and get to know us better.
Now, let’s get to the recipe. July 4th is truly a family happening around here. We all get together here in Lexington, and I happily cook for the crew in between all of the great holiday activities. I love to prepare foods ahead, and this patriotic dessert recipe is definitely one that is made ahead. It is no-cook and no-bake. It is also festive and tasty, and the fact that it is red, white, and blue helps, too. The kids can even help make this one, but beware……it involves food coloring!
- Serves 12
- Source - Kroger Mymagazine
- 4 oz (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) of cream cheese
- 1 pkg. (3.3 oz.) white chocolate flavor instant pudding
- 1 tub (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon each red and royal blue food colors
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- Microwave cream cheese in medium microwaveable bowl 40 sec.
- Gradually whisk in milk and then add dry pudding mix. Stir 2 minutes. (Will be thick) Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon half the cream cheese mixture into a separate bowl; stir in red food color. Stir blue food color into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Place 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side, on a 24 inch long sheet of foil; cover with blue pudding mixture. Repeat layers once, using red pudding mixture. Top with remaining sandwiches. Frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Loosely fold foil to make packet.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Remove foil from dessert before serving.
If you are looking for some other recipes for the July 4th holiday, then you might like this cherry pie in a jar, strawberry cake,red velvet cupcakes, barbeque chicken, easy bean salad, fresh peach salad, or edamame quinoa salad. We also have some great adult beverages, and this pink lemonade margarita has been our most pinned recipe ever.
If you are looking for a simple craft project, this flag pillow can be made in about 30 minutes. Find out how here.
Now, here’s the link to The 2 Bees in a Pod. Please stop by and say hello to them.
Vicki and Jennifer 2 Bees in a Pod says
Janette and Jordan – we can’t thank you enough for inviting us to share July 4th inspiration. Mother/daughter relationships are so special and we are grateful that we get to share this journey. We look forward to collaborating again! BTW – this cake looks delicious!
Vicki and Jenn
Thank you. We, too, enjoyed the collaboration.
Alicia@ Eco Natural Soap says
The cake looks delicious!