(Stay with us. We are still tweaking the format.)
I feel as if I should apologize in advance for today’s post. The results turned out just the way I envisioned, but the photography reminds me once again how amateurish my skills are. Glaring glass gets me every time. Plus, I always want my photos to look as if a pro whisked in and took some great shots for me. Doesn’t every blogger long for that? I take every photo with great hopes, and then when I go into editing mode, my feelings dwindle to whomp, whomp. Maybe someday………
So, this is the before. I bought this original watercolor a few years ago at the annual arts fair that takes place in the park across the street from us. When I had it framed, I decided to pull out the red in the geranium by using a red mat. I took a framing class about a hundred years ago, and that’s one of the bits of advice they gave us. Plus, they said choose the frame and mat for the art and not for the room it will go in.
It has been hanging on a gallery wall in the foyer hallway, but I decided it needed a new life and a new look.
I took it to my craft room and dismantled it so I could use a blue paint sample to change the red to blue. It took two coats.
Lucky for me, I had a frame in my art supplies that had a blue border and some chippy red. It is also a gold/brassy color. Even though our brass and gold accessories are in a bin in the basement, I decided to not do a thing to the frame. I kind of liked the brass with the blue.
This time around I would be pulling out the blue in the geranium’s vase.
And this is the redone product. I was thrilled that the blues blend so well together. I always try to keep in mind “blendy, blendy – not matchy, matchy.”
The water color is now hanging over a little bench that I redid a few years ago. I added a pillow that I made along with one from Home Goods. It adds a bright look to an otherwise plain wall. I hope it likes its new look and life as much as I do.