Cream of cauliflower soup, which takes just 20 to 25 minutes to make, is the recipe we have for you today.
Hello, dear friends. How are you doing? Keeping busy and healthy, we hope. We are posting updates daily on our Instagram stories to let you all know what we are up to. We want it to serve as inspiration to have some goals, even if they’re small, keep moving, and check some things off of that to-do list. Also, Jordan’s remodel project is about to start. They have moved their things to a storage shelter, the dumpster has been delivered, and the demo is to begin any minute now. You might enjoy following along on that project. In case you’re wondering what that’s all about, here’s the blog post she wrote about it.
Meanwhile, the recipes we will be featuring here for the next few weeks (or months, if necessary) will depend a lot on pantry cooking. In other words, they will use ingredients you all hopefully have in your fridges, freezers, and/or pantries. Today’s recipe for cream of cauliflower soup came about because I had a head of cauliflower that was getting some of those dark spots on it. I wanted to use it while I could. This soup turned out to be absolutely delicious. I made a pan of corn bread to go with it. It was a cool day, and so, the soup hit the spot.
- Source - Taste of Home
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon or 1 vegetable bouillon cube (omit if using chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Bring cauliflower, celery, carrots, salt, and pepper to a boil in broth. Turn down heat and simmer till tender.
- While they cook, melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Stir in flour and add milk. Whisk till lumps disappear.
- Stir in cheese until it is melted. Remove from heat.
- When vegetables are done, stir in cheese sauce. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
I used my hand held immersion blender (I have this one and love it) to puree a few of the veggies but not all. I wanted the cream of cauliflower soup to have some texture. Also, adding a few drops of hot sauce really enhanced the flavor.
That’s it for today everyone. Stay busy, stay connected, and stay positive. This will pass.
Affliliate link used at no additional expense to you.