Hello, everyone. Normally I am not the one posting recipes, but I have a good one for sweet sriracha hummus that I just had to share with you today. We have been having a mostly plant-based month since I have been following the Faster Way to Fat Loss VIP program. That means lots of beans and tofu fixed in many different ways. Little Miss and Google love dips, and we have been having them, too. Charles, who loves to bake bread (he’s a keeper), made some pita bread last weekend, and that was the perfect opportunity to make some hummus to go with it.
I found a recipe for sweet sriracha hummus in this recipe book, and we loved it. In fact, I think the kids would have licked the bowl clean if I had let them. Also, I fixed it for my book club, and they loved it, too. Don’t be afraid of the sriracha if you are not into spicy food. You can add as little or as much as you want to this recipe. Enjoy this recipe for sweet sriracha hummus.
- Serves 8
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas drained or equivalent cooked
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or to taste
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (Use the real syrup. We made a batch with the fake stuff ,and it was not good).
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons water.
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients together to get the desired consistency. Add more water if needed. Serve with fresh veggies, bread or as a sandwich spread.
If you don’t want to eat it as a dip, you can use it to make a delicious sandwich layered with tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers. Add a side of chips and perhaps a bowl of this soup, and you have yourself a nourishing and tasty meal. Fix this for your family and/or friends this weekend.They will be very thankful.
Have a good one. Oh, and be sure to follow our Instastories tomorrow afternoon. Mom and her friend Beth Harper are going to be busy while they rearrange her dining room shelves and hang a bunch of mirrors in her stairway. I’ll be following along.
Affiliate link used at no additional cost to you.