Hi everyone. We hope you enjoyed the three days of self care posts that Mom wrote for you. Now, today I have a healthy grilled salmon panzanella salad for you. We thought it would be a great (and tasty) way to end up the week. We love salmon around here and have offered up quite a few recipes over the years. I am here to tell you that this salad is as good as the other yummy salmon recipes we have shared. This recipe is from the August edition of Southern Living magazine. That magazine is known for its good recipes. Am I right? Plus, this is a great recipe for those doing the FASTERway to Fat Loss. My husband Charles started the last round and is really doing great with it. Go to this link if you would like information or would like to sign up for the next session. This is a recipe the whole family enjoyed.
- 6 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 4 (6 oz) skin on salmon fillets
- 5 (2oz) day old rustic bread loaf slices (1 inch thick)
- 2 pt cherry tomato halved
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- Whisk together vinegar, oil 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons vinegar mixture in a separate small bowl.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high. Brush salmon fillets evenly with reserved 2 tablespoons vinegar mixture. Add salmon, skin side down, to grill pan; cook 5 minutes. Flip salmon and cook 2 to 3 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer salmon to a plate; remove skin and discard skin.
- Add bread slices to grill pan; cook until toasted and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer bread to cutting board; cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Stir together bread cubes tomatoes, and remaining vinegar mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl until combined. Break salmon into bite size pieces. Gently mix salmon and spinach into bread mixture. Serve at room temperature
Not only is grilled salmon panzanella salad a delicious meal, but it is also very colorful. And remember…..we eat with our eyes first. Enjoy this tasty recipe. Thanks again for stopping by our blog. We love hearing from you and love it when you make suggestions that can improve our blog.