Let’s get this party weekend started!!! And what better way than with some pina colada muffins? The combination of pineapple and coconut doesn’t always have to be in a rum-laced beverage, you know. I needed a muffin recipe for my garden club meeting this past week, and I particularly wanted to serve pina colada muffins. However, I could only find recipes for pineapple muffins. So, I just added a cup to shredded coconut to the pineapple muffin batter and had a new recipe The garden club ladies liked them, and I hope you do, too. Oh, and I found a really good deal on some parchment cupcake liners. You can buy them here. So, the muffins not only tasted good, but they looked great, too.
- Source - Taste of Home
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 8-ounce cans crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine pineapple, coconut, egg, and oil.
- Stir into dry mix and stir till well combined.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing.
Now, remember friends that these don’t have to be just for breakfast. They are perfect for a mid-morning pick me up or for a pool side snack. They would even work for dessert, especially if you spread some cream cheese frosting on them. Yum.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend. We have big plans involving bicycles and friends. Stay safe.
Affiliate link used.