I love celebrating the holidays with a little one. They get so excited over the smallest thing. Over the weekend I made ground hog toast to celebrate Ground Hog Day, and you would have thought I just bought 100 Barbies for Little Miss. She was that excited. Since we will be celebrating the actual Valentines Day in Peru this year, we have started celebrating early around here. Our Valentines are made and dropped off, and Little Miss has been enjoying this easy Valentine Crunch snack.
This is so easy that even in the car the other day Little Miss said out of the blue that we need to make Valentine Crunch again. It was soooo easy. I had seen a couple of different recipes online, and we modified one to use what we had and what we like. It would be a nice treat to bag up and give to your children’s classmates, but use regular M & M’s rather than the peanut ones that we used.
- -8 cups of Chex or Rice cereal
- -1 8oz bag of vanilla candy melts
- -1 bag of Valentine M&M's (we did peanut, but if there are peanut allergies in the classroom, I would do regular)
- -1 bag of candy hearts
- -1 cup of marshmallows
- -Sprinkles (We found heart sprinkles at the grocery store)
- Put the cereal in a large bowl for mixing.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave watching closely. Once melted pour over cereal and start mixing.
- While mixing, add the M&M's, candy hearts, marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Fold in these ingredients while coating the mixture.
- Once mixed. lay out on wax paper to harden and dry.
- Store in air tight container.
This is a nice treat to just make and have available when someone craves a crunchy, sweet snack. It’s easy, fun, and tasty. Enjoy!