For years I have been using the same delicious pancake recipe and even shared it on the blog here. Well, friends, today we have a new fluffy pancake recipe for you. I saw the recipe in a magazine that we received from our realtor, and Mike and I both agreed that it is better than the recipe I have been using all along. Granted, it requires a little more effort and takes a few minutes longer to mix up, but it is worth it. I always cook a nice brunch for the two of us after church on Sundays. It’s my favorite meal of the week to prepare, and it’s fun to come up with new menus each week and to experiment with new breakfast/brunch recipes. This fluffy pancakes recipe was one of those experiments, and it was/is a winner. Enjoy this new recipe.
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg yolk, plus 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk, egg yolk, melted butter, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- In a third bowl, beat the 3 egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Then gently fold in the egg whites. Do NOT over mix.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Brush with butter or oil or use cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle and cook till bubbles form. Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until golden.
- Repeat till all batter is used. Pancakes can be kept warm in a low heat over until all are cooked.
These fluffy pancakes would make a great weekend breakfast. We ate them with scrambled eggs, bacon, and pure maple syrup and enjoyed every bite.