We were in southern Italy a few years ago for an autumn bicycle trip, and we ate the best pumpkin stuffed ravioli with an herb butter sauce on top. That dish is so popular there in the fall that the train was packed with people traveling there to eat this delicious pasta dish. This cheese ravioli with pumpkin sauce recipe is a perfect substitute for the Italian dish, and it can be made in less than 15 minutes and takes just a few ingredients. This is a simple dish that tastes fancy and is perfect for a family school night meal or dinner in the dining room with friends. Add some garlic bread, a side salad, and a very light dessert, and you will receive compliments for days.
- 1 package cheese ravioli (found in refrigerator section)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in ravioli and return to a boil. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir Parmesan cheese and black pepper into pumpkin sauce.
- To serve, place a portion of pasta on plate and pour pumpkin sauce over it.
- Makes four to six servings.
We hope you enjoy making and eating this meal as much as we did.