Hi everyone! I am not usually the one to share a recipe with you. However, Mom is here, and we had this maple mustard chicken on her first night which happened to be soccer night. I like to have a slow cooker meal on soccer practice days because we get home from the field too late to start a meal from scratch. By having this meal cook while we were away, all we had to do was make a salad, put the chicken on buns, and we had ourselves dinner. And then we were able to get Little Miss showered and into bed on schedule. So, that’s where this recipe came in handy. We had fun at the soccer field and had a delicious, hot meal waiting when we walked in the door. Oh, and the house smelled great, too. This recipe is from Mix and Match Mama.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of your favorite barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (a good quality one!)
- 1/2 a cup of chicken stock
- Hamburger buns
- Pickles, cheese slices, sliced onions, lettuce (optional)
- In your slow cooker, place the chicken, BBQ sauce, mustard, maple syrup and stock. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. When you’re ready to eat, remove the lid and shred the chicken right inside the slow cooker using two forks. Take a burger bun, add your shredded chicken mixture down on top followed by your optional toppings. That’s it! It’s as simple as that!
Mom, Little Miss, and I are headed up to West Virginia today to visit my grandparents, and then we will head to DC where Yankee will join us. My brother is running in the Marine Corp marathon there on Sunday, and we will all be there to cheer him on. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for our Saturday Selections, and have a good weekend!