I love to serve a dessert that is made individually for each person. Although it is fun for just Mr. Right and me, and it is even more fun when serving individual desserts at a dinner party. Each person’s face just lights up as they pick up their spoons and start to dig in. These individual pear clafoutis are so easy and quick to make. They take just a few minutes to put together and are perfect light treats at the end of a heavy, rich meal. Delight your family and guests by serving these festive goodies at the end of a meal.
- Source - All Recipes magazine
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease six 3/4 cup souffle dishes or six 6-ounce custard cups.
- Beat together eggs, white sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl on medium speed till light and frothy, about 5 minutes. Adding whipping cream, then flour and beat till mixture is smooth.
- Divide half of batter among prepared dishes, then spread a few pear chunks over batter. Pour in remaining batter and top with remaining pears.
- Bake 30 minutes, then rotate pans and sprinkle each clafouti with 1 teaspoon coarse sugar. Continue baking until puffy and light browned and a knife inserted off-center comes out clean, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook on a wire rack 10 minutes. Clafoutis will fall as they cool.
To make your desserts even more festive, top with a dollop of whipped cream. This one will be a winner, friends.
Thank you so much for stopping in.