This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are ours alone. #DelightfulMoments #CBias #CollectiveBias
As busy as Decembers always are, each year I make it a priority to schedule in some girl friend time. This year I am hosting a teeny little coffee get-together for a few of my gal pals. By having a morning activity, we all will still have time to go about our day and do what we need to do. I plan to make it simple by just serving coffee along with some special creamers by International Delight® and some of my minty double chocolate chip cookies.
Now, in order to have some free time on the schedule, I have been doing these time-saving steps that make the fun times possible. These are the things that have put some more time into my December.
– I make sure to start my mornings out with a nice cup of coffee enhanced with International Delight® creamer. Chocolate Hazelnut and Peppermint Mocha are two of my favorite flavors and aromas this time of year, and starting each winter morning with a splash of seasonal cheer gives me the boost I need. All I have to do is open the top and pour it in, and just like that my morning cup has taken on a whole new flavor.
And by the way, I purchased my creamers at Walmart in the dairy section.
– I have been using a shopping service to do the grocery shopping, and I make sure there are some special things on my list like International Delight® creamers. It’s amazing how much time not going to the grocery frees up in a busy schedule. I select the items online from my local store, and my groceries are delivered to my door by a carrier.
– I did my holiday shopping early. I made sure the family got their wish lists to me early in November so that I could do the gift buying before the stores got too busy and while the items were still in stock.
– I wrap the gifts as soon as they come into the house. It’s easier for me to devote a few minutes to wrapping things then waiting till they pile up and then devote hours to it.
– If I see that things are getting too crazy, I might pass on a tradition or two. For instance, I don’t write notes in my holiday cards every year. That in itself is a time saver.
– I set aside a day to do serious cleaning like window washing, cleaning out kitchen cabinets, cleaning the fridge and oven, polishing the silver, etc. Then the rest of the month I can give the house a quick cleaning each week and know it’s good.
– I am baking less goodies this year. My all-time favorite cookie is the double chocolate chip cookie. Men and women love them; they freeze well so I can make them ahead; they are delicious and festive; and I’m sharing the recipe with you today. I will also make my mother’s peanut butter fudge. That’s it! There will be just two sweet treats for our household this season.
– I give myself permission to forego a tradition if I just don’t have time for it or don’t want to do it. Now is not the time to walk around with a guilty conscience because I didn’t do something. These simple steps add up to give me the time to do some fun things like hang out with the girls, drink some coffee, eat some cookies, and enjoy each other.
That brings me to my coffee gathering. This small affair is a great way to create some memories. Having holiday music in the background, using festive holiday mugs, some silver, and special napkins will help elevate this simple get-together and set the mood.
I am making my double chocolate chip cookies with a minty glaze and serving them along with coffee and my favorite creamers – International Delight® Peppermint Mocha creamer (always on the nice list) and International Delight® Chocolate Hazelnut creamer (the ultimate holiday must-have).
Here’s the recipe for those delicious cookies that I have elevated with the addition of a glaze using the International Delight® Peppermint Mocha as the flavorful liquid.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons International Delight® Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer (use more or less depending on the consistency that you want).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift the first four ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and sugar and mix for five minutes till fluffy.
- Then mix in the remaining ingredients till well-blended.
- Fold in four ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Drop by spoons full onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix together powdered sugar and International Delight® Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. Drizzle over cookies. Let cool.
- Can be frozen for up to two months.
International Delight® Creamers are Great Every Day
Not only is International Delight® creamer perfect for a winter morning, but sharing it with my girlfriends and hearing their stories and laughter makes it even better. It is liquid holiday cheer to stir into your morning’s cup of coffee or use at a seasonal gathering. It doesn’t feel like the holidays without a splash of seasonal holiday cheer.
So, don’t forget that when you are doing your Walmart shopping, to stock up On International Delight® creamers, and make the merriment last. We like how you party™. To learn more about International Delight®, go here.