We recently had friends over for a simple dinner before we all went to a play. I mentioned it in this post. I wanted to serve a quick dessert but wanted it to be more than just ice cream. So, I decided to make some homemade chocolate pudding. When I told them what I was serving for dessert, everyone smiled. Chocolate pudding does that to people. It’s an old-fashioned dessert that brings up good memories for most. Other than being easy to make, another nice thing about this recipe is that it can also be used in a chocolate parfait, a chocolate trifle, or a chocolate pie.
- Source - Argo corn starch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, corn starch, cocoa and salt. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine and vanilla.
- I store it in a big bowl and immediately place a layer of wax paper, plastic wrap, or parchment paper right on the pudding to prevent a film from forming. Spray the paper with cooking spray first so it won't stick to the pudding. At serving time, I spoon it into individual bowls and top with whipped topping.
Bring a smile to someone’s face soon by serving this fabulous pudding.