Here’s the perfect summer recipe. We have published this hot dog sauce recipe before, but we have so many new readers, that we wanted to share it again. This hot dog sauce recipe was developed by my grandmother for a small country restaurant she once owned. It was one of my favorites when I was a child. It is the perfect sauce to use on all of the hot dogs and hamburgers you will cook this summer. It can be made in a slow cooker or on the stove, and it freezes very well. It is even good on a bun without the hot dog or burger. Oh, and please pin this one to your Pinterest boards.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 3 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (more if sauce is too tart)
- Brown meat and drain. Chop onions. Add both to a large pot along with the remaining ingredients, and simmer covered for 45 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently so that it does not scorch.
Have a wonderful week-end. Stay safe. Thank you for stopping in.