This healthy banana bread recipe is probably the best banana bread I have ever eaten. Sometimes banana bread gets bogged down with too much oil or too much sugar. This recipe has no sugar, flour, or dairy and only has two tablespoons of coconut oil. It is loaded with flavor and texture and is paleo. You can make it in loaf pan or muffin pans. The recipe came from Danielle Walker’s book Against All Grain, and Jordan shared it with me. Danielle recommends that you use a 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch pan, but I used a regular sized loaf pan.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil plus some for greasing the pan
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- Optional add-ins - chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Place 2T of coconut oil, eggs, honey, vanilla, and vinegar into a mixer and beat on high for 30 seconds. (You can use a stick blender or hand mixers as well).
- Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl, then add them to the wet ingredients, beating on high until combined.
- Place the coconut milk and bananas in a separate bowl and mash until it resembles baby food.
- Add the banana mixture to the batter and beat on medium until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in optional add ins if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool for about 15 minutes.
Thank you all for your comments on yesterday’s post. Jordan and I think we could fill up a trip with just our readers. Also, thanks so much for your input on this post. I am still deciding, but you all had two definite favorites.