I am starting week four of clean eating, and it really has been kind of fun. I did cheat on two meals just because they were meals that we were eating out, and there were no other options. I haven’t had any sweets at all, though. That’s a huge score!!! I don’t even crave them. It has been fun creating meals that are super healthy, and one of my go-to veggies has been sweet potatoes. I like sweet potatoes, but frankly, I am totally bored with the baked version. So, I have started making sweet potato fries, and they are really good. When dipped in homemade mayonnaise, they take on a Dutch vibe, and anything Dutch makes me very happy. This is really a simple recipe, but it is healthy, and tasty, and pretty. Those are all winners.
And by the way, if you need some green recipes for tonight’s dinner, or if you need a good recipe for Irish soda bread, check out this post.
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and cut into French-fry size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potato pieces in a bowl, and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for 15 more minutes or till done.
- Serve hot.