Jordan cooks almost exclusively from three cookbooks written by Danielle Walker. Each of the meals she prepared for us during our visit there over the Christmas holidays was absolutely delicious, and each meal was healthy. For our Christmas meal, we had stuffed cornish hens served with creamed spinach and bacon wrapped roasted vegetables. As soon as I saw and then tasted the vegetables, I knew you would love to have the recipe. This particular recipe came from Against All Grain: Celebrations.
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Vegetables
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into long spears
- 1 pound baby carrots, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 slices thick-cut bacon
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the parsnips, carrots, and green beans in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Divide the vegetables into 10 bundles and wrap each tightly with a strip of bacon. Place the bundles, seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes or till done. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain briefly and then serve hot.
- Can be assembled up to two days in advance.