I made brunch for Mr. Right and me on New Year’s Day, and for some reason making a Dutch pancake seemed like a good idea. My late mother-in-law used to make them for Jordan as a special treat. I paired it with scrambled eggs mixed with turkey sausage and cheddar cheese and added a fruit salad. It was a delicious way to start out the New Year. I thought you might enjoy a Dutch pancake recipe so you can fix it for your own family.
Dutch Pancake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in a pan or cast iron skillet and place in oven till the butter melts.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Do not over mix.
- When butter has melted, pour the liquid mixture into the pan.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. The pancake will puff up.
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with maple syrup or fruit.