I came up with a really easy and very tasty no-bake ice cream pie dessert that you can put together in just a few minutes, and it is especially good this time of year. Last week when I wrote this post, I mentioned that we would be entertaining our friends that evening. Time was of the essence, and I needed a dessert that would be really tasty but quick. On the way home from working out, I stopped by the grocery and bought a chocolate crumb pie crust, 1/2 gallon of mint and chocolate chip ice cream, and a container of whipped topping. My dessert was on its way to being prepared. I made a chocolate mint ice cream pie that was so good, and I knew you would love to have this recipe. It is all about assembling, so even your kids could make it.
- 1 chocolate crumb pie crust
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate ice cream
- 1 container whipped topping or prepared whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Let the ice cream sit out for about 15 minutes to thaw a little. Then spoon as much as you want into the pie crust. Push it down gently so there are no air holes. When the crust is nice and full, cover it and put it in the freezer at least two hours.
- At serving time, cut each slice to the desired size, and put a dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream on top. Then add a drizzle of chocolate syrup.