Each year I love to have a special cocktail to serve to guests (and to us) over the Christmas holiday. I was so happy to find one this week that I think will be just perfect. It involves my favorite alcohol – gin, my favorite herb – rosemary, and one of my favorite fruits – pomegranate. It is a festive red color, and the flavors are perfect for the winter months. And get this. Both the men and ladies will love this drink. I saw this recipe in the Chevy Chaser, which is a free monthly magazine that is delivered to the residents in our neighborhood. It is similar to this cocktail that we shared with you last year. However, the added bonus of pomegranate juice makes this drink more festive.
And one more thing before we get to the recipe. Aren’t the monogrammed glasses just adorable? They were a Christmas gift last year from Jordan and Yankee, and I have used them again and again. We found some similar ones for you here, just in case you would like a set of your own.
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice (I made my own, but you can buy it in most groceries.)
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- Fresh rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Splash of tonic water
- Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 small rosemary branch
- For rosemary simple syrup, bring water and sugar to a boil. Add rosemary branch then set aside to cool Refrigerate syrup for up to two weeks.
- For the drink - Add ice, gin, pomegranate juice and syrup to a rocks glass or wine tumbler. Give drink a light stir, then add a splash of tonic. For added festiveness, garnish with a rosemary branch, which makes a great stir stick. This recipe makes one drink. Increase proportionally for more.
I’ll be serving this drink tonight to our friends Missie and Ed who are coming for dinner. If you are looking for some good cocktail recipes, we have some others here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
It’s a jam packed week-end for us, but we will be back here tomorrow sharing our Saturday Selections. See you then.
Affiliate link provided.