My mom had such a fun time writing the post about five things she loves about her home, and we loved getting your comments about your own spaces. Now it is my turn. It was funny reading her post because I have never had an upstairs laundry room or even a real laundry room. I have created pantries spaces that were meant for something else in the two houses I have lived in. Maybe one day we will have a real pantry and a laundry near the bedrooms. I can hope. Right???
Okay, here are the things I love about our house here in wonderful Charlotte, NC.
1. Having an ensuite master bath. I liked the little bathroom in our house in Syracuse. It was small, cute, and cozy. While it looked nice, I was never a fan of the pedestal sink. There wasn’t a spot to put things, and it was just too hard to blow dry my hair. Moving into this house has spoiled us because we have a bathroom right off our bedroom. It is such a luxury to us, and I love it. We have a huge counter with two sinks, and at times I have been known to fill every inch of the counter with random products, jewelry, etc. Yankee tells me he wonders how I survived before without a counter in our bathroom. I tell him I am good at working with what I have no matter what it is!
While I know soaker tubs and clawfoot tubs are all the rage, I love this bathtub and how big it is. I feel like I have my own spa. Throw in these, and I can relax and recharge. The only improvement we have done to this bathroom is paint the walls. One day I would like to change out the lights and paint the vanity. So, can you tell that I love our master bathroom?
2. I love the porches. This house is filled with them, and I don’t think I will ever live in a house again that doesn’t have a porch. We are so lucky to have a front porch, cocktail porch, back porch and little porch off of our bedroom.
We use all of our porches. The other day we were all rocking in our chairs on the front porch, enjoying the fall breeze, and having a little snack. I kept smiling and looking at my family. It felt perfect. I wanted to freeze the moment.
3. I’m crazy about the open living concept. I know I sound like someone on House Hunters with this statement, but now that Little Miss is home, I love that our kitchen is open to the living room, and I am also able to see into the playroom. I know what is going on when I am getting dinner ready, and Little Miss can see me and knows I haven’t left. That was major in the first few months.
4. We really like the kitchen. We have made some easy changes to our kitchen that made it more our style. These little things such as painting the cabinets and painting the tile made a huge difference. They were easy fixes that took just a little bit of money and effort. We just finished building a custom hood cover, and I purchased a different island. Stay tuned to see these two additional updates. I really do love my kitchen. It has so much counter space for cooking which is wonderful when Little Miss helps out in the kitchen. I also feel it has a good flow. Now, I do not like my dishwasher, but considering how great everything else is, I can deal with it. (Plus, it seems to be acting up which means we might have to replace it soon (;
5. Location, Location, Location. I guess this should be number one since it is what they say matters most when you buy a home. I can change anything in my home, but I cannot change our location. We live in the city of Charlotte in a small neighborhood that not a lot of people know about. We live on a dead-end street which makes it quiet. Our small neighborhood is nestled between two bigger neighborhoods. It is filled with lots of families which has been fun, and we are within walking distance to so many things. We walk to story time at the library, the grocery store, Friday night pizza and many other things. Having a good walking score was a must for us, and we both love having a yard but still being so close to so many things. We are close to Uptown (downtown to those who do not live in Charlotte). In a quick five minutes we can be in the heart of the city. I think Yankee and I say we love our neighborhood daily.
Okay. So, that’s what I love about our home. If you didn’t take the time to tell us last week what you love about yours, now’s the time.
Affiliate links provided.