Here’s a great recipe for a cool fall day. Mr. Right and I enjoyed it while binge watching Saturday afternoon football. That morning we went out for some exercise. Before we left the house for a nice bicycle ride, I put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. We biked 30 miles, came home, took our showers, and then lunch was ready. We settled in for some sports and enjoyed these brats right in front of the t.v. I paired it with this for dessert. I found the recipe here, and I highly recommend it if you are a slow cooker enthusiast. Every recipe I have tried has been spot on.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 4 pounds bratwurst
- 2 cans sauerkraut, drained
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 bottles (12 ounces each) any German-style beer
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 - 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 - 4 hours, or until done.
- Note from The 2 Seasons - This recipe can easily be cut in half to serve fewer people.
Serve this up in some toasty buns with spicy mustard, and enjoy every bite. Thanks for stopping in. Make it a good one.
Affiliate link provided.