Jordan and I thought it would be fun to get together and ask each other some questions that you all might like to know the answers to. We did something similar to this on the blog several years ago, and everyone liked knowing a little more about us. We aren’t revealing any deep, dark secrets (actually, we don’t have any of those), but just some little tidbits to let you know what makes us tick. Jordan will come up with some questions for me to answer real soon.
1. What is your favorite part of writing a blog?
I love that this blog has been a great way for Mom and me to stay connected daily over the last five years of writing. I know we would be in contact without the blog, but our relationship has grown even more, and overall it is just fun doing this with her.
2. What is your least favorite thing about writing a blog?
Pictures. I wish I liked taking pictures, but it is my least favorite thing to do with the blog. In Blogland pictures look magazine-worthy, and I know mine are not even close. At times I wish we could just snap a photo on our phone and be done with it. There are so many projects that I do not blog about because I didn’t take photos, or I did and they were not that good.
3. What is something the readers don’t know about you?
I have Crohn’s disease and have lived with it since I was 17 years old. (We’ll have more on this soon.)
4. What are you reading?
Making the Terrible Two’s Terrific. My reading list is not as fun and light-hearted as I wish. I still find time for my weekly reading of People magazine!
5. If you had one hour of free time, what would you do?
Get caught up on emails and projects. I keep telling Yankee I just need another hour in the day to get everything done. I know the easiest way to solve it. Set the alarm one hour earlier.
6. What is the favorite place you have ever visited?
Oh……. this is a tough one to narrow down to one. I will have to say South Africa and an African safari. This was a vacation I took with Yankee a few years ago, and hands down it was amazing. We can’t wait to go back with our family when Little Miss is older. This was nature at its finest. You just sit back, look around at the beautiful world we live in, and soak it all up.
7. What is your favorite thing about your house?
1. Open concept – I don’t think I could ever go back. Now, having a child it makes life so pleasant to be in the kitchen cooking while I can keep an eye on her or be involved when Yankee and Little Miss are playing.
2. Porches – We use them all the time, and again, I am spoiled and don’t think I could live in a house without a great porch.
(the living room on move in day)
8. What decorating goal do you hope to accomplish this year?
I would love to get our living room in order. I want to spiff things up with a new sofa, rug, and other things, but I am really stumped on where to start. I am struggling with they type of sofa. While I would love a chesterfield, but is it practical and comfortable? Oh, first world problems…. I struggle with that room!
9. What is something about your house you plan to change?
Does this involve Yankee???? I always talk about down the line adding a fireplace to our back porch. Yankee thinks there isn’t a need, which is probably true. That money could go towards better things such as college for Little Miss, but I like to dream. Till that day comes, I plan to make little changes such as change out some hardware around the house.
Affiliate link used.