The first time I had avocado salad was on a trip we took to Laos. We were in a little village that was built on stilts over a lake, and we had to take a boat to get to it. The salad was so fresh and delicious that I decided I would figure out how to make it on my own. I took it out of our meal rotation during the winter, but now that the hot weather is here, this avocado salad just seems right. If you are a fan of guacamole, then you will love this avocado salad recipe.
- 3 avocados cut into cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the avocados, tomatoes, and onions in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the mustard, honey, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper till well blended.
- Pour over the salad, toss gently, and serve immediately.