When I visit my mother, I always go through her magazines checking for good recipes to try. I found one for easy mac and cheese muffins, and I really think you will enjoy making them and eating them. Plus, the kiddos will love them because they can eat their mac and cheese with their fingers or their forks. They’ll have their own mini-meals.
EASY MAC AND CHEESE MUFFINS
From Allrecipes magazine
1/2 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon butter
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12 (1/2 cup) nonstick muffin cups with cooking spray.
– Stir together bread crumbs, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
– Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook macaroni 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add butter and egg, and stir until macaroni is evenly coated. Stir in mozzarella, 1 cup cheddar, milk, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheddar.
– Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes to allow cheese to set and hold muffin shape. Gently remove.
– These macaroni and cheese muffins can be made a day ahead of time. Cool and chill in an airtight container. Reheat in muffin pan, tightly covered with foil in a 325 degree oven about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more to crisp up crumb topping.
Thank each and every one of you for reading our blog. We are so happy that we are able to share this journey of ours with all of you. We are about to start a new chapter in our lives, and we are beyond excited. Within days I’ll be a first-time grandma (I’ll be called Mae Mae) and Jordan and Yankee will be first-time parents. Our Little Miss will be much-loved.
We’ll see you back here tomorrow for our Saturday Selections.