Little Miss’s Bedroom Reveal

I am so very excited for this day.  We have been planning and preparing Little Miss’s room since before Christmas, and since her arrival is just weeks away (I can’t believe I’m writing that), it became crunch time to get the room finished.  If you are new here, let me give just a two sentence summary of what this is all about.  My husband and I started the process to adopt a child from Thailand over two years ago.  We were matched with a little girl last summer, and we will be flying to meet her and bring her home in late April or early May.  This post is heavy on the photos, so grab a cup of coffee, and take a look.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

We decided to go with a pink room, and I loved the color Candy Floss by Behr. We are so happy with how feminine and playful it is.

Toddler girl's  room - The 2 Seasons

Little Miss will be 20 months old when she comes home, and we opted to go with a daybed rather than a crib.  We will use a bed rail for safety.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

We wanted to have a safari theme of sorts, and when we saw the whimsical animals displayed with the floral bedspread, we knew it would be perfect for our girl’s room.

Toddler girl's room

Toddler girl's bedroom - The 2 Seasons

When I was a little girl, and my mom transformed my nursery to my “big-girl’s room”, she used beautiful curtains and a bedspread from Country Curtains.  My grandmother is still using that same bedroom in her guest room, and it is in perfect condition.  So, you can imagine how thrilled we were when Country Curtains reached out to us and offered some of their beautiful curtains for our little girl’s room.  We selected these classic ball fringe beauties because they are so feminine, light, and airy. I couldn’t stop saying how much I loved them as Yankee was busy hanging them for me.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

The glass finials go well with the chandelier we selected.  They are just the right finishing touch for the room.

Toddler Girl's Room - The 2 Seasons

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

This is a map of Thailand made into a little paper dress that we framed.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

The room is not very wide, and this narrow cabinet fits into the space perfectly.  The drawers drop down, and we will store pajamas, socks, etc. in it.

Toddler girl's - The 2 Seasons

We thought it would be fun to do a sparkling chandelier.  I knew from day one I wanted to do  a chandelier . As she gets older I can remove the hearts and make this light grow with her.  It sparkles and catches the sun, and we can’t wait for her to see it.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

The elephant wasn’t quite big enough for the wall, so, I bought a large canvas, painted it yellow, and attached the elephant painting to it.  Now the space is filled nicely.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

We are buying colorful wooden toys for her, and the soft rug will be a great place to play with them.

Toddler girl's room - The 2 Seasons

This wicker night stand was in my room when I was little.  I gave it a fresh coat of paint, and it’s as good as new.

IMG_0115

This Ikea shelf is the other night stand.  It will be great for her books.

So, now all we have to do is wait.  That will be the hardest part, but soon our little lady will be home with us where she belongs.

Country Curtains provided the curtains, but the opinions are ours.

Affiliate links in post.

Comments

1. Cathy says

I’m so excited to meet Little Miss through your blog and to share your thrilling journey into motherhood and grandmotherhood! My 4 1/2 yo granddaughter has the same Ikea daybed and it has been a great sturdy bed with wonderful storage-it has eliminated the need for a dresser altogether! The 3 drawers for folded items and her small closet for dresses provide a very efficient use of space. She is a VERY lucky child to come into such a loving family. God bless you all!

2. Donna says

Love every minute detail of this playful, charming and sophisticated room. How wonderful, I can feel your excitement! Thrilled for your family.

3. Brenda Adams says

Jordan, the room is beautiful! Jimmy and I are so happy for you! We hope to meet Little Miss sometime! She’s very blessed to belong to you!

Brenda,

We will have to make a plan so you can meet Little Miss. I would love for you and Jimmy to meet our daughter.

Cheers.

So excited for all of you! What a precious room! Every detail is just perfect and such a warm, welcoming environment for your new arrival!
    I love the colors, and the map dress is beyond clever…what a wonderful life that is soon to be even better!

Taylor,

Thank you for the kind words on the room, because I know you have designed the most adorable children’s rooms.

Cheers

5. Sandy says

It has been a very long process and you and your husband have handled it all so admirably. Congratulations on the upcoming Coming Home for your daughter. Blessings to all of you!

Such a sweet room! You have a perfect room…right down to the sweet hair Bows! And the map dress is so special. I need one for Kentucky! Ha! Safe travels and my blessings as you enter a new chapter of life. Sheila

Sheila,

Little Miss has so much hair and I can’t wait to get a bow in her hair. We shall see if she likes wearing them…

The Etsy artist that made the made dress specifically did Thailand since that was relevant to our little lady. I am sure she could do a Kentucky one, which would be really cool. She makes more than map dresses.

Cheers

7. jamie says

What a lovely room to welcome her to her new life. I can only imagine how excited you must be. Best wishes for all!

8. Pondside says

I know this particular excitement well, having prepared rooms with all the hope and excitement that you are experiencing. I don’t think anyone understands the miracle of parenthood in quite the same way that an adoptive parent does. We take nothing for granted. It is such a precious gift. It is lovely to see how you are savoring every moment.

Marianne,

I found the elephant print at HomeGoods. It was less than a month ago so they might have one if there is a store close to you.
      Cheers

Amy,

The rug is from RugsUSA.com It was very reasonable, heads up lots of shedding in the beginning but very soft.

Cheers

I love it! It’s just perfect for a little girl and that map dress is perfect! What a great idea and tribute to her homeland.

Kassie,

We love the map dress and the Etsy artist was so sweet and picked a map of Thailand to use for our daughter.

Cheers

Jordan, all I can do is smile thought this post.
    I have 2 daughters, and remember fixing their nurseries –
    God Bless this Little Miss always.
    Much love,
    Rose

11. Michael Ann Reeves says

Oh, what joy I have in my
    Heart for you today. I have one princess and she has given us two little princess. The rewards you are going to receive from this blessing will be amazing.

This is all so precious and beautiful, Jordan! She will love this room. So much thought went into your design, from that gorgeous paper dress to the elephant print. What a cool idea to mount it to a canvas, making it bigger! I am so excited for you guys. Can’t wait for you to meet her!

13. Wendy Johnson says

What a beautiful, thoughtful room. That dress map is so great. As the mother of 4 daughters I am so happy for you and look forward to hearing about your journey through parenthood.

14. Nancy Phillips says

The room is beautiful, just like you. I am so excited and happy for you guys. Being a mom is such a gift. Enjoy every second. I cannot wait to see more pictures!

15. Geri haack says

Little Miss will absolutely love this wonderful, thoughtful (I love the map dress) room! I am sitting here smiling thinking of her in it! Geri

16. Cindy says

What a wonderful room you are preparing for your daughter. I know she will be a blessing and bring great joy to your lives. :)

17. Carolyn Rasnick says

You have really outdone yourself this time! I hope to meet this lucky little miss someday! What a blessing she will be to all!!

Jordan,

I’m so happy for you guys I got teary eyed reading this and imaging just what a lucky little girl she is! She is going to be joining a fabulous family. The room you have created for her is just gorgeous! I am in love with the map dress, and the color is just perfection for a girls room. I cannot wait to red more about this and am anxiously awaiting the day you get to bring her home. Best wishes to you both!

19. Mary Crain says

Her room is beautiful! It is fresh, unique, and colorful. You can feel this room has been created with joy and love. Very touching!

20. Beth Lowe says

Your little girl’s room is absolutely charming. Those are the identical curtains I had in my bedroom growing up. I love them. I am so excited for your family.

Kim,

Thank you for the kind words and excitement. Now that the room is ready this has been the hardest part of the wait. I have to keep telling myself she will be here before I know it.

21. kathy says

What a perfect room for your little one! I can feel all of the love that went into it. I hope she will know how blessed she is to have you for her parents and grandparents. My favorite things in the room are the framed Thailand map dress, the curtains and the chandelier. Awesome job!!!