Today’s recipe is for the bacon lovers of the world. If you have ever noticed a theme around here when it comes to recipes, they have to be easy and tasty for sure. These eggs baked in bacon cups are are not only tasty and easy, but they are perfect to serve guests. So, if you are cooking up an Easter brunch for quite a few people this year, add this dish to your menu. However, it’s also perfect for just two people. Mr. Right and I ate them recently for our Sunday brunch for two (which is one of my favorite meals of the week,) and they were great. You just make as many as you need.
EGGS BAKED IN BACON CUPS
(source – Allrecipes.com magazine – They call it Individual Baked Eggs)
This recipe is for six servings, but you can easily make more or less.
6 slices bacon
2 tablespoons melted butter (or bacon drippings)
6 slices cheddar cheese
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray cups in a muffin pan.
– Cook bacon in a large skillet, turning occasionally until beginning to brown but still flexible, 7 to 8 minutes.
– Line sides of each muffin cup with 1 slice bacon. Spoon 1 teaspoon butter into each cup. (I omitted the butter.) Crack an egg into each cup.
– Bake until desired egg doneness , 8 to 10 minutes.
– Top each egg with a slice of cheese and bake 1 minute more.
– Run a knife around edges of each cup to loosen; lift out of pan with a small spatula.
I served the eggs with spinach grits and cinnamon sourdough toast. We both loved it. Since cooking Sunday brunch is one of my favorite meals to prepare, I’m always on the look-out for new recipes. This one is definitely going into the rotation.
We hope you all enjoy this one as much as we do. Thanks for stopping in.