We Are Moving!!!

Yes, you read that right!  We teased you last week about a big announcement we had to make.  Well, this is it:   We are moving to a whole new city.  Yankee has taken a new position in his company, and I get to move back to the south.  Call me excited.  There is so much going on in our lives right now, and it will make the wait for Little Miss go faster.

Painted Concrete Stairs

We will be calling the Queen City of Charlotte, NC home very soon.  So, not only do I have a toddler’s room to get ready, but now we will have a whole house to make ours.  We have not yet started house hunting but will be making an official trip to Charlotte in a few weeks.  We are listing our house with a realtor next week.  Syracuse readers, if you know of anyone looking for this cute, move-in ready 1928 craftsman bungalow, leave me a message.

Ironman

The timing couldn’t be better.  Yankee is finished with the training for his Ironman and will be able to concentrate on what is next.  We are so excited to start this new chapter in our lives, and we will share it with you along the way.  Thanks for stopping in, and wish us luck!!!

Comments

1. Beth Lowe says

You will Love Charlotte. What a great opportunity for your family. I am so excited for you.

Shirley,

I just found out there is an Ikea in Charlotte, eeeekkk!!!! Now I don’t have to go four hours.

Cheers

2. Linda Robertson says

That is exciting news. I visit my daughter there all the time. The Queen is a metropolitan city, but her suburbs can be small town or country farm. Charlotte is a wonderful place for your family. Good luck. This is a wonderful time in your life.
    I love The Two Seasons. Keep up the great work that you and your Mom continue to do.
    Sincerely,
    Linda

3. Patty says

I have lived in Charlotte my whole life. You will love it here. We live in Matthews which is a surburb of Charlotte. If you want an up and coming area try Induan Land, SC which is just across the border of N.C. If his new job is in the south end of Charlotte it is an ideal place with everything you would need near you but you don’t have Charlotte Mecklemburg taxes. Good luck.

• Patty says

You might want to check out some of the suburbs on that end of Charlotte. Huntersville, Davidson, and Cornelius. Very nice areas.

Patty,

I have heard about those areas and they are not a bad commute for Yankee. Thanks for your help and any other suggestions or input on Charlotte I would love to know.

Cheers

4. mary crain says

Great news! I know you will miss those upper state winters. Little Miss is going to love living in an area that offers so much fun and opportunity. Exciting!!!

5. Carolyn Rasnick says

Yippee!! So happy for you both with all this good news! I know your family must be ecstatic to have you all closer. Not sure Yankee’s family will be as onboard but Charlotte will be a great place to visit. You had just about run out of things to blog about and now you have a whole clean slate to write on. Heck, your Mom & Dad might have to move because she’s pretty much attained perfection now in their place too!

6. Patty says

So happy I could read your big news. We are in Connecticut but we are looking for something down south. CT is so stinking expensive and we have a 5 bedroom house for just the two of us now. North Carolina is high on the list! Good luck!

Patty,

I understand the NE is very expensive. We are learning NC has a great cost of living and lower taxes.

Cheers

7. Wendy Johnson says

Congrats on the new job. How exciting to be planning for a new child and getting a new house.

8. Katherine says

How very exciting! I grew up in NY and moved to the south many years ago. I now live in Charlotte, NC and have called this beautiful city home for 16 years! If you’d like any tips about south Charlotte feel free to email me!

9. Courtney Stroman says

Congrats, guys! You’re going to love it in Charlotte. The shopping is KILLER! Dave’s parents have been living there for the last 12 years. Good luck with the move! XX