My Bungalow House Tour

I finally have a house tour to share with you.  First of all, I have to thank my friend Ross who enjoys photography as a hobby, and so he helped me out on the photos.  Thanks Ross!

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

Welcome to our home.  I have tried to give you a tour of pictures.  So this post is heavy on the pictures and not the words.  The only room missing in the tour is our study which is under construction with a project, and it is not ready for its close-up yet.  Hopefully, it will be soon.  Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy our home.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

I love the charm and character of an old house.  The door knobs are one of the original features.

House tour foyer

House Tour-The 2 Seasons

The living room is very open and bright for an old house.

House Tour -The 2 Seasons

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

The Florida room gets used a ton in our house.  This is the hang out room to play games and have a cocktail with our friends. This room needed some help when we moved it.   Here are some of the things we did to improve the space.  We added New windows,  added hardwood floors, took this free table to a fun game table and added the Ikea daybed.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

Who ever is the bartender gets a great open view to the first floor.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

Mr. Spring built the bar himself for the room.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

This room is one of my favorites because of all the sun that comes in on those cloudy Syracuse days.  Some of the projects in this room I have completed and some with the help of my mom are the Dine sign, painted curtains, thermostat and pictures.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

The container on the left of the picture is a home brew beer Mr. Spring is making.  It was moved around the house on photo day. It’s like where’s Waldo.   See if you can find the other picture in the post where the beer is located.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

I love this light and you can read more about it here.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

The kitchen is slowly getting some updates.  We painted the cabinets, added a subway tile backsplash, installed a new double oven and dishwasher.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

I turned the desk area into a coffee bar, and we use it every day.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

Our half bath is tiny, but it works great! It did get a little update you can read about here.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

The gallery wall works great going up our stairs.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

This is the first time I have shown the whole master.  The DIY headboard is  popular in the blog world.  We have a king sized bed and instead of getting a large piece of wood, I bought a hollow door at Home Depot for $20 and covered it with foam and fabric.  The size is perfect for a king sized bed.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

The dresser on the left is my Ethan Allen dresser that I knew I couldn’t paint.  The handles and mirror were an easy update.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

This is one of our two guest bedrooms.  It is quite large for a guest room.  The curtain on the right is a makeshift wall.  At one point an owner removed the wall to have an area for his daughter to play.  We use it as a storage area to house crafts, suitcases, the sewing machine, etc.  Plus, Gracie likes to go behind the curtain to get away from everything and everyone to sleep.  She thinks it is her bedroom.  The art above the bed was an easy Modern Art project I did which was fun to make.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

This is the other guest room.  You can read about how I covered the old Ikea headboard here.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

We only have one full bath, and it is tiny.  It works for us but storage is lacking.  Mr. Spring built this shelf above the door, and it has come in so handy to store our towels.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

The laundry room is in the basement, and I did what I could to make this a pleasant space to clean clothes.  Some of the projects done in this room were, painting the walls, painting the washer and dryer, and painting a rug.  Wow! It turns out a lot of painting went on down there.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

This backporch has improved a lot since we have moved here.  We have updated the look and even turned this changing table into a bar.

House Tour- The 2 Seasons

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

Mr. Spring built this mini mudroom when I was away on a business trip.  It has not been through a winter yet it has already come in super handy.

House Tour - The 2 Seasons

Thanks again for touring our home.  It is always a work in progress, but at least you can see where we are at this point.

Linking to Savvy Southern Style Wow Us WednesdayNo Minimalist Here, and Not Just a Housewife

Comments

Thanks Patty,

We need all the natural light and bright colors we can get since it is cloudy and gray here many days in Syracuse.

Such a charming bungalow house, Jordan. You have done a marvelous job decorating it. I spied the Town Branch on the bar…you’re showing your KY roots…one of our new favs.

Mary Alice,

The curb appeal has been a work in progress. We have come quite a ways from the day we looked at this house.

Your home is so lovely! It is so bright and sunny and cheerful. House tours I my FAVORITE! So glad you posted this. I must admit, with three children and a Swedish student in my home, I could never have the whole house clean at once to photograph it. I cleaned over the weekend, literally stayed in for two days, and it was the first time my house had been that clean probably since school started!

Beautiful ! I REMEMBER when you painted your laundry area and for a long time afterwards everytime I went down to the basement to do laundry I’ would think “Someday I should do something like that ” I MANAGED to get over it, though…now see what you started again :)

I have one or two old doors with those glass knobs…( My house is quite old too though much smaller than yours )

Altogether I enjoyed your tour immensely :)

4. Wendy says

I love the wood/glass paned door at the front entryway! Don’t ever, ever paint it! Seeing it helped me to decide that type/look is what I’d like to find for a specific spot in our house. I couldn’t visualize if it should be white or wood until seeing this picture. I’ve seen them on craigslist.

5. Alexa says

Jordan, your home is BEAUTIFUL! If you want a vacation to San Diego in 2014, let me know! PLEASE COME HELP ME make my new home as lovey as yours! :)

6. josie says

Your home is so warm and inviting!! . . . makes me want to come over (if only we lived a little closer)!

7. Terri says

I absolutely love your bungalow!!!! Gorgeous inside and out!!!! the silver platter wall really caught my eye!!! Beautiful and cheerful color combinations!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

8. Kathy T says

Jordan, Your home is beautiful. You have shown how to give traditional a modern look. I love reading about you and your mother. What a blessing to share this blog ! The bar and the towel storage above the bathroom door are perfect. –I see your home featured in a magazine–it is truly welcoming.
    What paint colors did you use throughout your home?
    And you and your husband are adorable and of course your dog :-)

Kathy, I am traveling for work right now. When I get home, I will refresh my memory on the paint colors’ names and will answer your question then.

• Kathy J says

I’d would love to know what paint color is in your bath. I have been looking for a gray to use in my guest bedroom and can’t seem to decide on one. The one you chose is lovely!

Kathy, I am traveling for work right now. When I return home, I’ll post the paint colors. It will be Friday or Saturday. Thanks for reading us.

9. mary crain says

Jordan and Charles…..Your home is beautiful. I smiled as I saw all the “posts” in the pictures. You have a great sense of style!! You two are a great team.

10. Carolyn Rasnick says

Hard to believe all of the projects that you all have done in this home since you moved in. You guys are industrious, energetic, and talented!! Now that you have this home just about perfect……I think you need to flip it and look for another project!!! What are you going to have to blog about now if you don’t??!! :-)

Proud of how you two gals have grown your blog too. You’re amazing!!

XO,
    C

Thanks for sharing your awesome home with us, saw your feature at Savvy Southern and had to visit. You’ve inspired me – I’m going to buy a frame for the thermostat, make a little curtain to hide ugly pipes in my laundry room, paint my stair risers, and … well, you get the picture. Speaking of pictures, yours are amazing, great job by the photographer. Thanks again for sharing.

Mary

Mary,

Framing the thermostat made all the difference and it is such a quick fix. Good luck with all your other projects and thanks for stopping by our blog.

Oh you did a beautiful job – on every single room – love how big and open your living room is!!!
    I LOVE the character you can only find in older homes :)
    XOXO

You have a beautiful home. I enjoyed the tour. I love the bathroom towel shelf.
    I have small bathrooms too. It’s a super idea!

Wow! You have made SO many great improvements to your home! It is so full of fun and personality. Congratulations on being the most viewed entry at ‘Wow Us Wednesday” last week…you deserve it, Your friend did a fabulous job with the photography for the post.

15. Linda@Coastal Charm says

Thanks for sharing your charming home with all of us…luv the kitchen!

Blessings,