Happy Friday!!! Mr. Autumn and I are celebrating our fortieth wedding anniversary this week-end. We’re flying out today to a resort at Mont Tremblant, Quebec to meet up with our children and their significant others. We are looking forward to an activity-filled week-end.
But first, I have this recipe that you must try. I thought up the combination, but you have probably eaten the ingredients separately before.
PESTO BACON QUICHE
– 1/2 cup of your favorite pesto (homemade or purchased)
– 1/2 pound bacon
– 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
– 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
– 5 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
– Spread pesto over unbaked pie shell
– Cook bacon till crisp. Break into pieces and sprinkle over pesto.
– Mix cheese, flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper till well-blended. Gently pour into pie crust on top of pesto and bacon.
– Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. It is done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
It is great served with a salad. This will satisfy a man’s appetite and the ladies who lunch.