Another Decorator Showcase Porch

We hope everyone had a great holiday!  Since it is now officially summer and sittin’ on the porch season, I have another drop-dead gorgeous porch to show you from the showcase house I recently visited.  These photos were taken with my iphone.

This porch is located on the second floor off of the hallway.  Since the house was built in 1885, this was probably a sleeping porch in the hot and humid Kentucky summers.

Not many porches have floors that look like this.

There are lots of inviting places to sit.  Aren’t the pillows great?

This equestrian themed toile is perfect here in horse country.  I have never seen this print before and love it!!!

The coffee table is really unusual, too.  It’s too pretty to cover with knick-knacks.

The top is made of individual tiles that look hand-painted.  I love the handles.

This makes me want to sit back and read a good book.

I love the pop of color.

This dapper piece of art is perfect in the space.

Here is another great place to sit.

The candles are ready in case you want to linger after the sun goes down.

Just like the porch downstairs, this one has a bar area.  After all, it’s five o’clock somewhere.

An old ladder that is mounted to the wall holds horsey items.

Check out the patina on the horseshoe.

I have decided that this space is not a porch.  It is more like a veranda.  Don’t you?  So, let’s call this blog “Another Decorator Showcase Porch Veranda.

Take care.

linking to  My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Eclectically Vintage

Comments

You are right on both counts…the porch is gorgeous and yes, instead of porch I would also call it a Veranda…definitiely!….So many beautiful touches to the porch…and the floor is amazing….
    Great Kentucky Veranda!

I love that you have a painting on your porch. The top hat is so whimsical. I have an odd porch that is a bit tricky to work with. I REALLY want to add a painting to it now!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

Came over from Nifty Thrifty to see The Porch (it deserves capital letters!) The yellow toile is to die for. I live in the middle of a polo field, a horse track, and a steeplechase field. I have a neighbor who has a perfect porch to carry this theme. Thanks for sharing!

Distressed Donna Down Home

I want a veranda where I can sip mint juleps and stare at my horses in the pasture!

This is fabulous (and love the little wine glass holder in your other post)!

Thanks for sharing at our party!
    Kelly

What a beautiful porch … I mean veranda …

It’s a perfect Kentucky porch with all those horse accents! And I just adore the hard wood flooring! I think I could sleep there quite comfortably …

… so happy that you shared with us all at our Great Outdoors link party!

Linda

I want to follow the directions on that pillow that said “Share my porch with me.” Okay! I will :) Wonderful tour. Thanks for sharing the decorator porch!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne