I didn’t make it to the pot-luck dinner party where this salad was served. But for weeks afterwards, people talked about how good it was. So, this week I got around to making it, and they were right. It is fairly easy, and it is delish. I think you’ll agree with me and my friends. I want to thank Heather and Shawn from my 6 a.m. workout class for providing the recipe.
WHITE BEAN SALAD
– 1 pound white beans, soaked
– 6 cups chicken stock
– 3 carrots, chopped
– 2 bay leaves
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
– 1 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 12 ounces crumbled feta cheese
– 1/2 cup pine nuts
– 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
– Cook beans in the chicken stock with the carrots and bay leaves till tender. Drain.
– Make a dressing using the garlic, mustard, lemon juice and oil.
– Mix drained beans with dressing and add onion, feta, pine nuts and parsley.
– Cool for a few hours before serving so flavors can blend.
Have a great week-end.