My Hall Teapots and Winner

Author:  Autumn (Janette)

Jordan and I have been writing our blog for over a year now, and we realized that I have never shown you my Hall teapot collection.

IMG 1596 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

The teapots were made in Liverpool, Ohio by the Hall China Company that was established in 1903 after the merger of several small companies.

IMG 1627 1024x879 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I have around 50 teapots, (I hope Mr. Autumn forgets to read the blog today…He doesn’t know I have that many). They were mostly purchased for me by my mother.  She enjoyed finding them, and it gave her a reason to go to antique stores.  I finally had to ask her to stop.

IMG 1616 1024x398 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I had shelves made especially for them in our pantry……

IMG 1617 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

and put the overflow in our built-in kitchen hutch.

IMG 1615 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

This one started it all.  It was a wedding gift to my in-laws who were married 65 years ago.  My mother-in-law just gave it to me one day.  I did a little research and decided it would be a fun collection.

IMG 1602 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I don’t really have a favorite.

IMG 1605 1024x717 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

You know, how none of your kids are your favorites.  Well, it’s the same with the teapots…..kinda.

IMG 1614 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

This is a cute little lady with her polka dots and little fat belly.

IMG 1628 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I actually use them.  It’s fun to color code them with the seasons or with the table decor or the cups.  For instance, this one gets used in the autumn.

IMG 1630 1024x827 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I had an entire set of dishes in this pattern  with every. single. accessory and serving dish. (Another project of my mother’s).  When we moved, I gave them to Jordan.  They are very sweet, the kind you would use when your girl friends come for a spring or summer lunch.

IMG 1629 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

This teapot is the same style as above.  Don’t you just love the fancy handle?

IMG 1631 1024x819 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

This is another one that is good for spring/summer because of its sweet tulips.

IMG 1632 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

How  many of those flowers can you identify?

IMG 1608 1024x639 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I love this one with its fleur de lys design.  The lighting combined with the teapots’ shine made  a glare.  Sorry.

IMG 1604 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I have two yellow ones in this style.

IMG 1611 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

One has leaves and acorns.

IMG 1612 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

The other one has flowers.

IMG 1623 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

I love this little cutie.

IMG 1624 1024x681 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

What an unusual lid…..

IMG 1626 1024x957 - My Hall Teapots and Winner

and handle.  What about you?  Do you have any collections?  Drop us a comment and let us know.

*****

We are so excited to announce the winner of the $50 The Container Store gift card.  And the winner is……………….Debbie from Refresh Style.  Congrats, Debbie.  Be sure to do a post for us on what you do with the prize.

Linking to No Minimalist Here Between Naps On The Porch BlogButtonHorizontal - My Hall Teapots and Winnervif187

Comments

I love all of your tea pots! What a collection and I love how you’ve displayed them in this great cabinet.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

Love your tea pots. I’ve been collecting Hall tea pots too but I don’t have as many, but I do have several of the same ones. One of my favorites is the yellow with the acorns. I never even thought to post mime…will have to do that some time.
    Thanks for sharing…love seeing them.
    Faye

Oh SQUEAL!!!

What an incredible blog post! I looooooove all your pretty bright and happy colors of teapots, what an amazing collection! WOW!!!!

Just awesome, thank you for sharing!

4. Debbie says

You have a beautiful collection of vintage teapots. They are all so pretty that I am having a hard time selecting a favorite.

Love and Blessings,
    Debbie

5. Beth says

My collection of Russel Wright, may be getting ready for the auction block. Wright worked with Norman Bel Geddes( Miss Ellie’s dad) I also have several pieces of Bel Geddes’ glassware, Metropolitan’ which is so useable. I adore Mid-century design.

What a wonderful collection! I could pick a favorite, the polka dotted lady, the orange ones, the green one….maybe not 🙂
    Oh.my.goodness…..I’m so excited to win the Container Store gift card!! Thank you both so much for this generous gift. I will be sure to show the blogging world what I use it for.
    Have a great day,
    Debbie

7. Pondside says

I highlighted a small part of my teapot collection earlier this week – looking at yours, I can see that it would be fun to display them all together. I have one Hall pot that was a gift from my elderly aunt. I think it was a wedding gift to her.
    The shelves in the pantry – what a clever idea.

Your collection is just stunning and it was so great to see it in person today! Loved meeting you! Hope we get to do it again very soon!

I love your teapot collection! It’s fabulous! They are all so pretty! The yellow teapots are the perfect yellow that is so popular right now mixed with gray. Thank you so much for sharing! Angie xo

What a wonderful collection! I really enjoyed seeing all of the teapots you featured! They look great lined up on those shelves. Thanks for sharing!

11. Linda Allen says

I love the way you have these displayed. The white shelving and only teapot deep looks great and does not detract from each teapot’s individual charm. My mother has also collected Hall teapots (along with everything else made by Hall) for years. She has 100+ and can’t display them all at one time. Love this!